Regulations Governing Building Telecommunication Equipment and Space Appliance Using
Regulations Governing Building Telecommunication Equipment and Space Appliance Using
（Sep. 16, 2010）
Dec 8, 2003 Telecommunication registration No. 092B000114
The Regulation is made according to article 38 of Telecommunication Law
Building indoor outdoor telecommunication equipment and space appliance installation and using should comply with the Regulation. For items not stipulated in the Regulation should comply with other rules and decrees.
Definition of terminology in the Regulation:
1. Telecommunication box equipment: Equipment content building telecommunication cables such as telecommunication input, vertical pipe, cable supporting rack, distribution frame, horizontal pipe, floor pipe, floor wire, major wire distribution box, main wire box, branch wire box.
2. Telecommunication line distribution equipment: Telecommunication optical fiber cable, cable and attached equipment used in the building, such as input cable, wire distribution rack, wire distribution cable, Optical Line distribution box, end board, telecommunication outlet, telephone user remote interface separator and safety protection machine.
3. Telecommunication room: space inside the building for local Internet provider to input cable and install telecommunication equipment
4. Telecommunication machinery equipment: a generic name for telecommunication exchange equipment, telecommunication transmission equipment, telecommunication end interface equipment and related supporting equipment installed by local Internet provider in the building.
5. Telecommunication safety connection equipment: connection equipment and various safety facilities used to protect telecommunication machinery line equipment.
6. Wire collection telecommunication equipment: telecommunication transmission equipment and cable collection equipment installed by local Internet provider to collect cable wire of different transmission route.
7. Wire collection room: space for local Internet provider to install input cable and wire collection telecommunication equipment that local Internet service provider installed outside of building existing telecommunication room.
8. Telecommunication input pipe: telecommunication channel that inputs to building major wire distribution box or telecommunication room by building on stilts or underground.
9. User exchange equipment: exchange machine, extension and supporting facilities installed inside the building for users within area.
10. Community building: buildings within the same construction base or belong to the same management or management committee.
11. Outdoor telecommunication facility: means the stilts between the buildings within the construction base, line facilities built on stilts undergrounds.
When constructing building, the constructor should install indoor outdoor telecommunication equipment accordingly and reserve space for establishing telecommunication room and other space. However, buildings announced by National Communications Commission ( hereinafter as ”NCC”) are not included.
The aforementioned telecommunication equipment, include telecommunication input pipe, major wire box, user end board, telecommunication box, telecommunication cable and other telecommunication service needed by users.
Shortage of existing building telecommunication and equipment installation that lead to inadequate telecommunication service needs should be negotiated between owner and local Internet service provider, and installed by owner.
Telecommunication equipment and space established for the building according to article 1 and previous article should meet the requirement of the building. It will be used by local Internet service provider accordingly.
Building telecommunication equipment connected to local Internet provider’s telecommunication network equipment should equipped with responsibility dividing point.
Stipulation regarding the aforementioned installation and maintenance responsibility dividing point is as the following:
1. Building input cables:
(1) For buildings with user end exchange board, the responsibility dividing point is user end exchange board electronic connecting terminal
(2) For buildings without user end exchange board, the responsibility of dividing point is the building terminal board electronic installed in the building by local Internet provider. However, if there’s other rules and decrees, follow then accordingly.
2. Building input optical fiber cables:
(1) In case of buildings with optical line distribution frame, the point of division of liabilities shall be the Optical Line Distribution terminal in the customer’s side of terminal of Optical Line distribution frame.
(2) In case of buildings without Optical Line Distribution Frame, the point of division of liabilities shall be the light or electronic interconnection terminal of the telecommunications equipment installed in the building by local Internet service provider.
The responsibility dividing point mentioned previously is as shown in attached chart 1, attached chart 2, attached chart 3 and attached chart 4.
Local Internet service provider that provides telecommunication service will be responsible for the installation and maintenance of public fixed communication network appliance outside of the building responsibility point. However, for the community pipe line equipment among buildings, it should be installed by building constructor or owner, maintained by owner.
The installation of building telecommunication equipment and space should comply with the following:
1. The telecommunication equipment and space to be installed by constructor and owner include:
(1) Telecommunication input
(2) Telecommunication room: if telecommunication room is to be established, there should be allocation chart and power connection line.
(3) If necessary to input optical fiber cable, shall install optical fiber cable terminal distribution frame and fiber cable’s distribution box.
(4) User end telecommunication equipment and outlet
2. Telecommunication equipment to be installed by local Internet service providers include:
(1) Connecting cable lines to connect with pubic telecommunication network
(2) End board from the provider.
(3) Telecommunication equipment necessary for providing telecommunication service.
If any of the following applies for local Internet provider to provide users with communication service, the telecommunication room is to be established. Exclude users that input are lesser than 20 pairs of cable.
1. The inner lines of fiber cable that exceed 24 lines;
2. Building with 5 floors above ground and basement.
According to appendix 1 the aforementioned telecommunication room should be located in appropriate location. The total number of input cable shall be count in regarding to the building indoor / outdoor telecommunication equipment engineering technique regulation (hereinafter referred to as “Construction Technique Regulation”.) For buildings with basement and 2 floors aboveground, the telecommunication room shall not be on the lowest floor.
Building indoor outdoor telecommunication equipment and related appliance space design (including drawing description), installation and examination shall be handled according to the construction technique regulation.
Building telecommunication equipment and related space design, visa and monitor should comply with the stipulation in Architecture Law, Architect Law and Technician Law. For those items related to building safety, structure safety and fire safety should comply with Architecture Law, Fire Safety Law and other related laws and decrees.
Outdoor telecommunication line installation should comply with architecture law and stipulation of road safety authorities.
When designing indoor and outdoor telecommunication equipment and space, the building constructor should prepare “building indoor outdoor telecommunication equipment planning/ drawing approval / test / examination/ inspection application form” (hereinafter referred to as “Application Form” as shown in appendix 2) and go to local Internet service provider to proceed with pipe input, the installation of telecommunication room, wire box and cable.
Accepting the application, the local Internet service provider should complete the entrusted task within 7 working days. Other local Internet service provider did not participate in the operation may not propose objection to the outcome.
After received visa according to provision 2 of the previous article, building telecommunication equipment and related equipment space design drawing shall be examined and inspected by the telecommunications professional institute (hereinafter as “examining institute”) entrusted by this commission before applying for construction.
Building constructor should submit the following document to Inspection Institute for examination and and inspection and pay inspection fee:
1. Finished application form according to the rules for applying for planning of the design drawing.
2. Building indoor outdoor telecommunication equipment design checklist and related drawing description (includes floor plan, ascending location chart and building base location chart) under construction technique regulation.
If any of the following happens, Inspection Institution should inform building constructor to improve within designated time period. Document will not be returned if failed to improve within time period.
1. Failed to pay examination fee
2. Incomplete examination document
3. Incomplete application form content
For application with complete examination document, Inspection Institute should complete examination within 7 working days. For application disqualified after examination, Inspection Institute shall inform building constructor to improve within designated time period. Examination document and examination fee will not be returned and the application will be rejected if fail to amend before due date or still incomplete after amendment.
Rejected application according to previous time, building constructor may re-apply for examination.
The designated time period for provision 5 and 6 is 2 months. However, building constructor’s application may be prolonged if needed. The prolonged time period may not be longer than 2 months and only one prolonging is allowed.
Upon completion of building telecommunication equipment installation, building constructor should submit the following document to inspection institute for examined design drawing in order to apply for inspection and pay inspection fee:
1. Examination application form according to the rules.
2. Building indoor outdoor telecommunication equipment engineering technique regulation record chart under the construction technique regulation.
3. Building telecommunication equipment construction completion checking report of issued architect or professional technician.
4. One disc copy containing the electronic files of the contents stated in subparagraph 2, paragraph 4 of the above article.
Once inspection documents are fully prepared, inspection institute shall finish inspection within fourteen working days; once inspection approved, the building may apply for certificate within the category of approval, all documents for examination and inspection shall be returned.
1. Certificate of cable narrow-band: only telephone main distribution could be installed according to the construction technical regulation.
2. Certificate of cable wide-band: telephone and digital distribution may be installed in the building according to the construction technical regulation. The digital backbone and indoor digital distribution adopt unshielded twisted pair, shielded twisted pair or higher level cable design.
3. Certificate of Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH): telephone and digital distribution may be installed in the building under construction technique regulation. The digital backbone adopts the optical fiber cable design, and the indoor digital distribution adopts unshielded twisted pair, shielded twisted pair or higher level cable design.
If any of the following happens, Inspection Institute may request building constructor to improve within certain time period. Fail to amend before due date or still incomplete after amendment within designated period, documents will not be returned.
1. Failed to pay inspection fee accordingly
2. Failed to submit complete documents
3. Incomplete filling of application form content
For those who are unqualified after inspection, Inspection Institute shall inform building constructor to improve within certain time period. The document will no be returned and the application will be rejected if failed to improved within designated time period.
If rejected according to the aforementioned, building constructor may re-apply for inspection.
The designated time period for item 3 and 4 is 2 months. However, it can be prolonged if needed while the prolonged period may not be longer than 2 months and only one prolonging is allowed.
Building indoor outdoor telecommunication equipment planning/ drawing approval / test examination / inspection operation procedure is as appendix 3. Certificate of building telecommunication equipment is as appendix 4.
Local Internet service provider may not provide constructor or owner applied telecommunication service until building telecommunication equipment and space are examined and qualified. However, the building has been announced by NCC according to paragraph 1, Article 38 of Telecommunications act which is not included.
While apply for telecommunication service in the above paragraph, build shall attach the following documents.
1. Documents of inspection approval issued by the inspection institute.
2. Disc of containing the contents stated in subparagraph 4, paragraph 1 of the above article.
Local Internet provide should keep the electronic copy and original files of application form and related document for NCC’s verification.
All of fail to perform according to article 11 and previous article, local Internet provider should form building indoor outdoor telecommunication equipment construction negotiation team to handle processing window, Internet connection or common lines related operation. If necessary, NCC will co-ordinate.
Local internet provider or any third party entrust building constructor or owner install or maintain building telecommunication equipment, or the cost of installation, maintenance or using may not violates the following:
1. May not prevent user from choosing telecommunication service provided by different service provider
2. May not interfere with other service provider’s chance to acquire business opportunity.
Any contract that violates the aforementioned is ineffective. In this case, without the permission of constructor or owner, the existing telecommunication equipment may not be removed or hindered from being used.
If the telecommunication equipment installed by building owner does not comply with the stipulation of the Regulation, to ensure telecommunication safety, local internet provider may not provide internet connection service before the building owner improves.
Qualified telecommunication construction staff is required during construction or monitoring of Telecommunication equipment connected to Internet equipment provided by local Internet provider. However, those which was announced by NCC as qualified telecommunication equipment shall not be so limited.
Telecommunication equipments such as user switchboard may require reserved space and pipe line installed separately with the telecommunication equipment provided by the local Internet provider. This does not include the case negotiated with and approved by the local Internet provider of the building.
Local Internet provider that provides service to users outside of the building by making use of the telecommunication equipment installed in the telecommunication room, should acquire the approval of the building owner. The compensation should be negotiated between local Internet provider and the building owner.
For the purpose of establishing telecommunication network, local Internet provider may use building space appliance wire box and wire box telecommunication equipment with certain compensation.
For telecommunication appliances such as building telecommunication box, wire allocation, building constructor should keep wire box chart and other detailed information, handover to building management committee, manager and owner.
The Regulation is enforced on the date of announcement.