- Dec. 9, 2002 Ref Hsin Kuang (V) No.0910626219
- The amended Article 7, 8, were promulgated by the Government Information Office, Executive Yuan, on Nov. 23, 2005, Ref. the Order Hsin Kuang (V) No. 0940626363Z
Directions for Providing Financial Support to Cable Television System Operators Recovering from Natural Disasters (May 05, 2009)
The amended Article 1, 4 to 8, the added Article 9 to 12, were promulgated by the Government Information Office, Executive Yuan, on May. 5, 2009, Ref. the Order Hsin Kuang (III) No. 098062054Z
- In order to provide financial support by The National Communications Commission (hereinafter referred to as “the NCC”) to the cable radio and television system operators and cable television program broadcasting system operators (hereinafter as “system operators” and “broadcasting operators”) suffered from natural disaster, and accomplish recovering of cable radio and television system (hereinafter as “System”), for the interest and right of subscribers, these directions are promulgated.
- The natural disaster in these directions shall refer to disasters caused by windstorm, flood, drought, frost and other abnormal weather change, earthquake, fire, tsunami and volcano and so on.
- The financial support shall be paid under items of Cable Radio and Television Development Fund of NCC.
- The system operators and broadcasting operators suffered damage above 5,000,000 New Taiwan dollars (same currency below, NT$) with intention to apply for financial support shall apply for financial support to NCC with filled up form of “damage situation and recovering plan”, stating damage range, damaged facilities (limited to facilities in telecommunication equipment room, optical receiver, optical transmitter, Erbium Doped Fiber Amplifier (EDFA), power supply, cable and antenna) attaching pictures of damaged facilities within 30 days after occurrence of the disaster. However, if the disaster is deemed huge natural disaster by “Administrative Commission of the Cable Radio and Television Development Fund” (hereinafter as “administrative commission”) of NCC, the application shall not be limited to the 30 days period.
Application which is beyond the deadline, or the documents of which are insufficient and noticed to be amended within limited period but fail to be amended in time or are still insufficient after amendment twice, shall be dismissed.
- After having accepted the application form in the preceding Point, the NCC shall invite the opinion from the local governments of special municipalities or counties/cities where the applicant locates with official letter.
- The NCC will approve financial support according the following subsidy brackets and accumulated percentage on cases with the amount of damaged facilities which exceed NT$ 5,000,000 but not exceed NT$ 20,000,000:
(1)In the case of the damage amount exceeds NT$ 5,000,000 but not exceeds NT$ 8,000,000, the financial support shall be NT$ 500,000 plus 11 % of the part over NT$ 5,000,000.
(2)In the case of the damage amount exceeds NT$ 8,000,000 but not exceeds NT$ 11,500,000, the financial support shall be NT$ 830,000 plus 13 % of the part over NT$ 8,000,000.
(3)In the case of the damage amount exceeds NT$ 11,500,000 but not exceeds NT$15,500,000, the financial support shall be NT$ 1,285,000 plus 16 % of the part over NT$11,500,000.
(4)In the case of the damage amount exceeds NT$15,500,000 but not exceeds NT$ 20,000,000, the financial support shall be NT$ 1,925,000 plus 20 % of the part over NT$ 15,500,000.
In the case of the damage amount exceeds NT$ 20,000,000, the top limit of financial support shall be approved by administrative commission, but the financial support shall not exceeds 49% of the damaged amount.
- The NCC shall inform the applicant in written with the result of approval.
- The subsidized applicant shall faithfully conduct recovery construction according to the schedule and implementation diagram stated in the “damage situation and recovering plan” form attached while application. If there is any change in the schedule or implementation diagram, the subsidized applicant shall apply for approval of such change to NCC. Unless the approval is granted by NCC, the subsidized applicant shall not execute according to the changed contents.
- The subsidized applicant shall apply for examination on the actual subsidy amount to NCC attaching accomplishment report of recovery construction, the photocopies of receipts and invoices of actual expenses, abstract of revenues and expenses and information designated by NCC, within the limited time designated by NCC, and serve duplicate copy to the local governments of special municipalities or counties/cities.
The subsidized applicant, who fails to apply for examination within the limited time in preceding paragraph, shall apply for extension to NCC with reasons in written 7 days prior to the deadline in preceding paragraph.
- The NCC shall exam the information in preceding Point thoroughly and calculate the actual subsidy amount to be given according to the regulation in Point 6; the actual subsidy amount shall not exceed the top limit of original approved amount. If the total actual expenses of the subsidized applicant on recovering construction did exceed NT$ 5,000,000, case shall be handled according to Point 11.
- If any of the following situations occurs to the subsidized applicant, the NCC shall revoke applicant’s qualification of financial support:
- Violation on Point 8, changing the schedule or implementation diagram of recovering construction without permission of NCC;
- Failure to attach the information required in paragraph 1 of Point 9, failure to amend the insufficient information according to the noticed by NCC with in limited time or failure to amend the insufficient information according to the noticed by NCC twice;
- Failure to apply for examination on the actual subsidy amount with in the limited time designated by NCC or within the extension time consented by NCC;
- Failure to apply for extension according to paragraph 2 of Point 9; or
- The total actual expenses of the subsidized applicant on recovering construction did exceed NT$5,000,000.
- Further enquiries or unsorted requirements will be explained by NCC.