National Communications Commission (NCC) Website Information Security and Privacy Statement
Welcome to the website of National Communication Commission (NCC). We at NCC extend our utmost respect for your privacy and are committed to protecting it . In order for you to utilize the services available on our website and understand how NCC collects, uses and protects your personal information , please be sure to read the following information :
Website information security statement and measures
Any unauthorized attempt to compromise the website's privacy, integrity or utility is strictly forbidden. Violators will be punished by law.
In order to ensure the security of the website and its continued operation, NCC has adopted the following security measures.
- Network attack detection equipment that monitors all incoming messages and information from the internet and blocks intrusions made with malicious intent.
- Firewall equipment to restrict connections from specific IP addresses.
- Server security maintenance and antivirus software to prevent sabotage or unauthorized access to ensure a secure browsing environment.
- Vulnerability detection software to randomly scan the network system for weak spots.
II. The collection and use of personal information
Ⅲ.Protection of personal information
- The “Contact Us” service
If you are using the “Contact Us” service to present your opinions or queries regarding relevant services, you will be required to provide accurate personal information to be used as a basis for information confirmation and reply.
- Subscription Service
NCC website shall retain your email address and send regular messages depending on your subscription. If you wish to cancel your subscription, please click the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in the email message.
- Cookie usage
- Record website usage (Google Analytics)
NCC uses Google Analytics to compile information about your use of our site, which helps us improve services and satisfy users' needs.
Google Analytics stores the following information:
- The page viewed on our site.
- How long you spend on each page .
- How you came to our site.
- What you clicked when you visited our site
- In accordance with the terms stated in the protection of personal information Act , NCC is under legal obligations to offer the utmost protection for the personal information it has collected through its website with the exception of in the following circumstances.
- Users violate the regulations stated on the website, i.e. abusive language or personal attacks.
- To protect or defend the rights or ownership of relevant individuals.
- To safeguard the rights of associated agencies listed in this website.
- NCC will not disclose users' personal information for sale, trade or lease to any other organization, individual or private enterprises with the exception of in the following circumstances.
- To cooperate with legal investigations conducted by judicial agencies.
- To cooperate with investigations by relevant competent authorities.
- In special circumstances where NCC has reasons to believe that disclosing such information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may have violated the law.
Note: “cookie” is a parcel of text sent by a server to a web browser. This parcel of text can be used to keep track of the activities conducted or information sought by the visitor to the site. For instance, you may visit a website without having to provide your account and password to log on to the site, and server will acquire information such as time of your previous visit, transactions made and so forth by accessing the cookie stored in the hard disk of your computer by the server in your previous visit.